Saturday, December 21, 2013

Baby Chaos & Daddy Does Fashion

Messy house.  Baby chewing on cords.  Baby pulling out doggy fur from doggy.  Baby leaning over the side of her high chair and directly feeding Rooney.  Rooney now loving following Lilah's every move in hopes he gets fed.  Bruises all over baby's head from trying to cruise but not being quite ready.  Daycare being out of diapers for Lilah as I'm changing her from a blowout first thing in the morning... Yikes.  Not a single inch of free counter space.  Happy screeches and laughs from our doodlebug.  This has become our life!

What's the point of to-do lists anymore?  I give up.  Our friends without kids must cringe when they come over to our house.  It's a cross between an episode of baby hoarders and small amounts of our trash and backyard tracked throughout thanks to a baby & Rooney.  They are what we affectionately call our Mess Team.  The Mess Team is a group of professionals, I'm telling you. (However, we also owe it to Rooney for much of our clean floors as he is an excellent crumb clearer.)

Our organizational skills have gotten so bad that we lost our own dog.  Ben and I were sitting on the couch shortly after a walk outside and saw a flash of white through the window.  I mindlessly stated, "I think there's a dog outside our window."  It was followed by another white flash at the window and scratching at our door.  Ben said, "the dog must be at our door now."  Real genius.  We have lots of random dogs that run around our neighborhood, so this is why we were unimpressed.  We checked the front door and poor, dejected Rooney blasted through the door.  I have no idea how long he was out there, but worse, I have no idea how long it would've taken us to realize he was gone.  Poor guy.  He's practically got to look out for himself these days.  We luckily still keep it together enough to do our laundry, etc.  But despite Lilah having clean clothes to wear to daycare, her Dad tries to "mix it up a bit".  The teachers at Lilah's daycare laugh  and chuckle when I come in to pick her up some days and say, "Dad must of dropped her off today..."  Mismatched clothes in Ben's eyes are a forward fashion statement.  To me, it's just outrageously entertaining.  I wish I had more pictures as proof, but these 2 are the only ones I have.

I hope you appreciate the 3 prints involved in this masterpiece
Another Creation By Dad

Chaos is our life... and we love it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know there are other daddies who don't mind mixing and matching! My favorite for Iz was a purple butterfly shirt paired with gray leggings covered in a pattern of white elephants (mind you, the leggings were capri leggings and this is January...). Thanks for teaching our girls not to care too much about their looks, daddies!

    ReplyDelete