Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mommy Goes Back to Work

The dreaded week has come... back to work for me.  I used to think I could never be a stay at home mom, but I think I was wrong!  WAY wrong!  I have never been so sad to leave a little face as I am to be away from Lilah.  I go back to the Riley Emergency Department this month.  At least there will be cute little babies at work to play with... I just wish that they were Lilah!  The silver lining to this week is that my mom is coming to stay with us for a few weeks to look after little Lilah-kins and get Ben and I started on a good path with both of us back to work.  Thank goodness for Senora Otto/Grammy O or I think my eyes would swell shut from crying this week as I head back to work.  Knowing Lilah's still having fun at home will make me feel better :)  And ultimately, we hope we get a daycare spot next month... still waiting!  Let's Grammy O can handle the craziness of the Nelson house this month.  I might find her prancercizing around the neighborhood ( yes-- prancercizing...  watch youtube... it's fantastic) if the craziness gets to be too much.  Hang in there Grammy O!

Highlights of the week:
1.  Lilah made it thru her first church service in Indy... she mostly tried to fit her entire fist in her mouth the entire time.  It was hard for Ben and I not to laugh through the prayers with her attempting this.

2.  We successfully dosed tylenol after Miss Lilah yelled at an all time higher pitch than ever heard before for an hour following her first set of shots.  Tylenol settled this little one right down! ( I should hope I can diagnose tylenol for a baby after all this time... )

3.  Lilah got to have a playdate with baby Susie and her puppy Luna after our walk got rained out!  Mostly this just consisted of Susie's mom (Karrina) and I laughing at how ridiculously cute they were!

4. Rooted on the Pacers up until Game 7.  We are usually solid Miami Heat fans, but after a Heat win last year--- our 2nd favorite team got our fanship this year!  Sadly, they got smacked in Game 7.  Next year, Lilah, next year!

5.  Lilah smiles now.  All the time.  And we love it!  I think she's starting to giggle, but the smiles would melt any heart.

6. Actually got a call back for the job interview... way to go Lilah!!  I bet she was too cute to resist.  They don't want to hire me, it's just a ploy to see more of Lilah probably.

Cuddles with Mommy

Family Date Night!


Susanna & Lilah, almost holding hands!

Barbecuing at the Millers for Game 6

Last day of maternity leave with my babes
Smiles

10 weeks!




Jimmy, Carrie & Lilah at Miller Meat Night

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the call back! But boo for having to return to work. :(

    Yellow is definitely her color--she looks extra adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete