Monday, October 20, 2014

Husker Travels

Ready to Road Trip!

My beautiful cousin, Heidi Otto, got married on July 12th this year in Nebraska and I couldn't miss it for the world.  Heidi and I spent a lot of time together as kids and I just adore her.  Plus, getting to see my cousins/aunts/uncles/mini-cousins that I don't get to see often was a fantastic plus as well :)  Before I took Lilah back in July, I wanted her to appreciate a few Nebraska Lessons.

Corn:  We Like It.
      We had to teach Lilah about corn before going back to Nebraska. I tried to sign her up for detassling but it turns out she's not eligible.  So, we did a little corn cleaning in our kitchen instead.  Let me tell you how she did, pro.  She bit into an ear, she threw ears on the floor, she hoarded all of them.  She has got this down.  Ben and I are quite proud.  First Husker Lesson done.
Tough work carrying corn

Next Husker Lesson: We Road Trip.  We are Road Warriors.
      This was a bit harder.  Ben unfortunately had a tricky work schedule and was not able to travel back to Nebraska with Lilah and I.

Weddings:  We dance, we play and we shout a lot.
   Heidi's wedding (she's marrying an Auburn fan... hmmmm..... but luckily we have overlooked this and we LOVE Kyle!).  He is a true Southern gentleman.


The Lady Cousins
My Awesome Cousins and Brothers!



Meeting Other Huskers:  Important
    Lilah and her girl pack ran the floor along with meeting her cousins

Lilah and my god-daughter, Alexa


Needless to say: Grandparents were not missed on this trip!  We LOVED seeing both sets and getting to enjoy new boxes of toys at each!  Uncles, definitely did not skip them either... we uncled it up as well! Lilah even got to see her cousin Stella again!  Stella is almost 6 months now, Lilah is ready to play! Gramma especially was thrilled to take her to the zoo on a nice morning.  Highlights were feeding the camel, seeing the baby lemurs and riding the train! And of course, no trip to Lincoln is complete without a trip to EITHER Don & Millies or Amigos.  We chose the former... this time.

No one tackles cheese frenchees like this girl

One of the animals?

Gramma & Lilah

No comments:

Post a Comment