Tuesday, May 7, 2013

6 Weeks of Happy Moments & Happy Memories

Lilah is 6 weeks today!  Unbelievable how fast she is growing!  She has started to smile at our attempts to make her laugh ( but she doesn't think zoobers are great yet.  For anyone needing clarification on a zoober, Grandpa Otto can explain. )  Ben and I have started to settle in to most of her cues and her growing personality.  We just love her to pieces more everyday.  She is the apple of her daddy's eye and brightens her face whenever she hears his voice.


Funny faces!

6 Weeks Old!


Parents always say they get really good doing everything with one arm. Well, we are doing everything with fewer arms- but I wouldn't say we're good at it yet!  Poor Lilah got a mark on her face after I tried brushing my teeth while holding her... I'll keep practicing.  I also spilled an entire canister of minute oatmeal trying to be one-armed mom, luckily our expert vacuum remedied the situation.  Ben has been more successful in getting things done with the assistance of the baby carrier.  Poor Lilah is probably rolling her eyes at our attempts.  Our house is a constant disaster, but I've decided that for the next few years a clean house is a wasted life. 

Making funny faces and doing dishes... amazing husband!

She's digging this

Ben and I haven't wanted to leave Lilah's sweet presence yet, but we decided we should go on a mini-date.  Thanks to our friends the Millers for volunteering to be Lilah's first babysitters while we got sushi!  By report, she was a good little lady!  There were almost tears driving away from their house, but we only checked our phones once while eating and talked about her the entire dinner :)  

Jeff & Carrie Miller... awesome Lilah-sitters!
It gave Murray Miller and Roo a chance to catch up.  Sharing = Caring


I visited 2 daycares this morning and despite that they seemed like lovely places, I decided that our mom's need to move to Indianapolis.  I don't want to think about the day she has to go to daycare... but it's sadly approaching.  I started crying today during Lilah cuddle time while watching Mamma Mia when the song "Slipping Through My Fingers" was on.  Oh what a mess of emotions motherhood is!

Lilah and I stole Ben from work today for a beautiful picnic on the Canal... :)





In other happy news, the Otto's have 6 brand new baby cygnets!!  Good job, Gracie & George!
Proud Papa Otto!

Gracie with the furry guys!

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice work, Ben!! Reminds me of "the dude group" from What to Expect When You're Expecting.

    Wow---6 weeks already!!

    ReplyDelete