Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lazy Days

My oh my.  It's already been 8 weeks!  Seems like we were just putting her in her crib for the first night just a bit ago... but 8 weeks.  Wowsa.  We just got settled back in after our fun trip to Nebraska.  Everyone was very tired but luckily Lilah remembered how to sleep in her crib after a week of pack-n-plays and port-a-cribs.  The 8th week does mark and important week for the Nelson's -- no appliances have exploded in our house this week.  This is worth celebrating.

I had my first interview for a private practice job just outside of Indianapolis the day after we got back from Nebraska.  The office coordinator and I had been emailing back and forth the last few weeks setting up the "meet and greet" as she called up.  She was aware that I had just had a baby and had encouraged me to bring the baby in for the "meet and greet".  The word interview was never mentioned, but I thought I should probably get jazzed up to go in just to be safe.  So, baby in tow, I go to my first "meet and greet" at the office/hospital.  I quickly found out, that not only was this an interview, but a very formal one.  I was given a private tour of the office and hospital facilities by the doctors.   Then, we had a formal sit down lunch with 3 courses served and cloth napkins.  Totally the type of event you bring your 8 week old baby to.  The other pediatricians from satellite locations had driven in and the CFO and CEO were in attendance.  Neat.  Lilah chose an excellent time to scream for the next hour.  Amazing timing.  I literally have no idea what we talked about that hour- all I could hear was her screaming and the bottle not working as each of these sweet pediatricians tried to calm her.  To top off this interview, as I was changing Lilah's diaper on the floor of the conference room after lunch, the CFO comes over to say goodbye.  I stuck out my hand to shake his without thinking.  He took it and then his eyes lit up as he realized what just happened... mine did too.  Yup, I changed a diaper, hadn't washed them yet and shook the CFO's hand.  Neato.  I expect a job offer from this place any day now.  If this place by some miracle actually does hire me, they will go down as the most family friendly and tolerant practice out there.  But at least Lilah got to go her first interview... I'll try to get a sitter for the next ;)


She's finally got George beat



We're still working on the hair... it may be awhile!
 Ben has been dealing with a whole lot of my crazy the last few weeks.  As soon as Ben walks in the door from work at night, I confess my top 5 most guilty mommy moments for the day.  Ben also discovered that I gave Rooney a haircut for his mop top that apparently wasn't salon quality.  Ben keeps telling Rooney that he got a "hobo haircut" and then proceeds to ask Lilah if she wants a hobo haircut too.  I have to admit, it wasn't my best work.  One night as I was getting Lilah out of her swing, I misjudged the side and accidentally whacked her sweet little head against the rail.  She started crying a bit and Ben really helped by saying, "Wow, I've never heard her cry like that."  So naturally, I started crying... harder than Lilah.  To make me feel better Ben told Lilah, "Mommy jacked you.  Don't worry, daddy will probably drop you off the changing table at some point."  Poor Lilah... I hope it's going to be a long time before she understands how crazy her parents are.

One has pants, one doesn't.


1 comment:

  1. Hehe I can totally picture all these events!! Thanks for the chuckle!! Is this the hospital that gave you a call back?? Lilah must've worked her magic!

    ReplyDelete